These clothing hacks will teach you easy ways to:
- Remove pesky stains
- Add longevity to the life of your clothes
- Keep your clothes looking their best
We’ve all had to turn to last minute home remedies to clean stained or damaged clothes, which can have varied results. Sometimes this ends with your favorite piece of clothing in the trash
However, there are some simple clothing hacks that will add longevity to your clothes. Here are 12 clothing hacks that will keep your clothes looking their best for many years to come.
2. Sharpies can help cover bleach stains! This might seem strange, but if you get a bleach stain on your black clothes, you can take a black sharpie and color over the bleach spots.
3. Skip the fitting room! If you wrap the waistband of pants around your neck you can proportionally see if they will fit your waist. If the waist doesn’t meet each other behind your head, you probably need a size up.
4. Don’t be so quick to toss those ripped jeans! When you get a rip in your jeans you might be tempted to toss them out. Instead, try wearing patterned tights underneath with a fun design.
5. Lemons are the answers to pit stains! Take a little bit of lemon juice and apply it to the armpits of your shirt before you put them in the washing machine.
6. This is an easy way to get rid of deodorant stains on your shirt. All you do is take a baby wipe and the deodorant should come right off.
7. Keep buttons intact by using clear nail polish to paint the button, which will help secure the button in place.
9. Remove stains from leather by taking some soap and hot water, then adding vinegar and spraying them down. After, wipe them down with a dry cloth, rub in conditioner and spray with a waterproof mixture.
10. Get rid of all of those little fuzzy bits that appear on your clothes by washing them, running a razor over them, then using a lint roller to pick up anything leftover.
11. Stop your pants from fraying by rolling them the right way! This diagram shows how cuffing your pants can not only look great, but can also save them from getting worn by dragging.
12. Ironing a shirt collar has never been easier with a hair straightener. You can easily iron out a wrinkled collar in a snap just by using the straightener like you would on hair.