Man files lawsuit against Chicago Cubs after foul ball injury

Share

John Loos, 60, was hit in the eye by a foul ball during an Aug game at the Cubs' home stadium Wrigley Field, where he was seated close to the field, according to his attorneys.

This is said to be on behalf of a fan who lost sight in his left eye after being hit with a foul ball back in August. There also was an incident last month at New York's Yankee Stadium in which a 2-year-old was struck in the face by a line drive foul ball.

"I had no idea that you were subjected to such missiles. said Roos, whose eye was heavily bandaged". He says the injury caused him to go blind in his left eye.

GE appoints Ed Garden, partner at activist shareholder firm Trian, to board
The Firm operates through five divisions: Textron Aviation, Bell, Textron Systems, Industrial and Finance. Peyto Exploration & Development had 46 analyst reports since July 21, 2015 according to SRatingsIntel.

"It's not functioning", Loos told a news conference Friday when his lawsuit was filed in a Chicago court.

His injuries have required three surgeries, and will require "at least two more", he said. "Someone I looked up to my whole life, I see the ball hitting him, hearing the sound. him falling on my, bleeding all over my shoes".

A spokesperson for the Cubs denied a request for comment from the Associated Press.

Head of Thailand's military junta promises to hold elections in 2018
A joint statement afterwards said Trump welcomed Thailand's commitment to hold "free and fair elections in 2018". The chief of the military junta now in power in Thailand has set a month for the holding of elections.

"We continually are talking to the individual clubs about what they should be doing in each of their stadiums. It's too late for me but Major League Baseball must fix this after the playoffs, not next year, but now", Loos said.

In his lawsuit, Loos is asking the Cubs to expand their safety netting.

Fukushima court rules Tepco, govt liable over 2011 disaster
In 2011, an quake and tsunami caused multiple meltdowns at the nuclear power plant, forcing the evacuation of thousands of people. According to the court ruling, TEPCO and the government are liable for damages totaling about 500 million yen ($4.44 million).

Share