Tampa police question person possibly in connection with serial killings

Share

Tampa's police chief says he's "optimistic" that a gun recovered at a restaurant and a person being interviewed Tuesday are connected to a possible serial killer.

Police confiscated the man's gun, but have not determined whether it was linked to any of the four murders in Tampa's Seminole Heights neighborhood over the past two months. He noted the individual was not under arrest at that time and was only being question by police.

Detectives received a tip that led them to a McDonald's restaurant at 13th Avenue around 3:45 on Tuesday, NBC affiliate WFLA reports.

Passengers and Crew are Rescued from New York City Ferry
Passengers were reportedly stranded aboard for 45 minutes before they were asked to put on life jackets and hop on another boat. Out of the 16 NYC Ferry vessels, there are now six ferries out of service according to the mayor's office and the Coast Guard.

"I believe this has something to do with Seminole Heights", he said. Anthony Naiboa, 20, was killed while he was walking on October 19.

Authorities have received 5,000 tips that could lead to the killer, but, so far, no arrests have been made, police said.

"We have a gun", said Dugan.

Oklahoma State's Mike Gundy in talks with UT
According to Allen, Gundy was in Oklahoma City on Monday when Tennessee was asked to meet, but Gundy said he was busy. Boone Pickens, and while it's far from certain, Gundy may be waiting for the right window to exit.

Tampa Police released video showing the suspect in the four Seminole Heights killings in November.

.

Footage also showed police tape around a red Ford Mustang believed to be owned by the man in the parking lot of the McDonald's. They showed what appeared to be a thin black man, whom police described as between 6 feet and 6 feet 2 inches tall.

"It's been a long time for the families and for the cops, and so I'm guarded on the whole thing, but I'm optimistic", Dugan said, adding it would be a long night for police.

Pinnick: Why NFF Gave Rohr New Two-Year Contract
The German tactician was employed in August 2016 on two-year deal following the resignation of Sunday Oliseh. According to Pinnick, there was the need to give Rohr a new contract having performed creditably well.

Share