Reports say Toronto police interviewed Bruce McArthur years before arrest

Share

After multiple media outlets reported that Toronto police interviewed and released alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur years before he was arrested, a spokesperson for the force has confirmed they're conducting an internal investigation into the matter.

"I do not want to release this picture and I'm doing so as a last resort", he said. He said the photo has been altered slightly to remove "artifacts".

For his part Idsinga, said that he is confident that the professional standards probe will not be a distraction as police continue their exhaustive investigation into McArthur.

"We need to put a name to this face and bring closure to this man's loved ones", Idsinga said.

Toronto Star via Getty Images Officer Hank Idsinga speaks to the media where investigators removed evidence from inside the home at 53 Mallory Cresc., Toronto on February 8, 2018. "That information was referred to professional standards and an investigation was started", Gray said.

The source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, also says that some 40 tips have come in to police since the photo was released, though none of the people who have come forward have said definitively that the man pictured was a relative.

Major update coming in April, single-player expansion set for summer
Purchasing the DLC early will enable you to receive Octo headgear and clothes that you'll be able to use in Splatoon 2 today. The Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion is available on the Nintendo Switch eShop now and can be pre-purchased ahead of release.

McArthur, 66, is facing six charges of first-degree murder in the deaths of men who began disappearing from the area of the Church-Wellesley Village in 2010.

Saunders has faced criticism, most notably from the LGBTQ community, for how he and his force have communicated the progress of their investigations into the disappearances.

Mayor John Tory is calling for an external review of the way the Toronto Police Service handles missing persons reports in the wake of the Bruce McArthur case.

He said that the review should also examine whether any "differentiated treatment or bias including but not limited to the LBGTQ communities" is at play in the way police respond to missing persons reports.

In a statement issued on Wednesday afternoon, Tory said that he continues to be "deeply disturbed" by the revelations that have come to light so far about the "murders and disappearances of Toronto residents and members of our LGBTQ community".

Idsinga said they've now found the dismembered remains of at least seven individuals this year in large planters at a home where McArthur did landscaping work and stored objects.

PS4 Pro 5.50 update adds supersampling support for 1080p displays
As previously revealed, firmware 5.50 introduces several new features, the most significant of which is Supersampling Mode. It's a simple as pressing the Options button on the highlighted game and selecting the option to hide the game.

Over the years police have launched two projects into the disappearance of men from the gay village.

"First of all, decomposition can affect how accurately we can determine the cause of deaths", he told reporters at the news conference.

By 2014, police had closed Project Houston, saying none of their findings would classify anyone as a suspect of a criminal offence.

"Ultimately the person to blame is Bruce McArthur", he said. Detectives had linked McArthur to two of the three missing men through his dating apps, according to an anonymous source.

THE CANADIAN PRESS/HO-Toronto Police Service Soroush Marmudi, Dean Lisowick and Majeed Kayhan are shown in Toronto Police Service handout photo.

On Jan. 17, police say they found evidence that strongly suggested Esen and Kinsman were murdered. He was arrested on January 18 and charged in the cases of Andrew Kinsman, 50, and Selim Esen, 44.

United States announces head money for TTP's Fazlullah among three commanders
Araqchi also highlighted Tehran's readiness to help the Afghan government advance the peace process in the country. The officials were speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk to the media.

Share