FC Sporting Lisbon has condemned the brutal assault at their players and staff after dozens of people with covered faces attacked a training center in the Portuguese capital's suburb, where the team was practicing ahead of the Portuguese Cup final against Alves.
"Sporting is not this, Sporting can not be this", the club statement added.
Sporting Lisbon's players and management were hospitalized after about 50 masked intruders attacked the club's training after the team failed to secure a place in the Champions League.
Sporting Lisbon footballers and staff attacked by gang of thugs
"It was a distressing situation and we are all shocked", the striker told Dutch news website Algemeen Dagblad.
The alleged incident took place just two days after a 2-1 defeat to Maritimo, a result that meant Sporting missed out on a Champions League place to Benfica.
Argentina global Marcos Acuna and Croatia's Josip Misic were also assaulted in the raid on Sporting's Alcochete training base in the Lisbon suburbs.
Starbucks Ramps Up China Plans, Will Nearly Double Store Count By 2022
Same-store sales growth in China locations rose 4% vs. a year earlier in fiscal Q2 vs. 2% in the USA and worldwide. Today Starbucks now has around 3,300 stores in China and it aims to increase this to 6,000 by the end of 2022.
The team are meeting their player's union on Wednesday to discuss their reaction which according to domestic media could see them refuse to play in Sunday's Cup final against Desportivo das Aves.
Portuguese police have made 23 arrests, according to the government.
Sporting issued a statement condemning what it calls "acts of vandalism and the attacks on (our) athletes, coaches and professional staff".
Simeone urges Griezmann to stay
Coach Diego Simeone watched on from the stands having been hit with a four-game ban for being sent off during the semi-final first-leg at Arsenal but still saw his side ease to victory.
"The perpetrators of these incidents are not fans of football, they are criminals", the league said in a statement.
Fans on Twitter also sent their support.
In April, De Carvalho claimed he was suspending 19 of the first-team players following their Europa League exit at the hands of Atletico Madrid, although he later appeared to back down.
Reported Ebola Cases Hits 42 In Congo - Ministry
The outbreak is centred around the remote town of Bikoro in the province of Equateur, which has 31 of the cases and 274 contacts. The vaccines were seen according to Reuters to have been unloaded at the airport on Wednesday in Congo's capital Kinshasa.